Category Archives: CUCM
Related to Cisco Unified Communications Manager
We can configure a ICT GK controlled for distributed call processing models. The GK will perform the bandwidth and CAC management for the intercluster calls.
Is recommended to assign each cluster to it’s own zone. In our case zones (CUCM6 and CUCM7) The main difference between how a gateway a CME or a CUCM interacts with the GK is the fact the CUCM will not register the E164 number dynamically ( the GK will not keep up with every single DN). Therefore the GK routing decisions should based upon tech-prefix and zone-prefix.
This video gives a quick overview of the steps to integrate UCCX and CUCM for the first time.
- In CUCM you would like to create an application user and assign AXL permissions to it.
- Make sure the AXL web service and CTI manager are running on the PUB.
- Login into UCCX with the default credentials Administrator and pass: ciscocisco
- Provide the information for the AXL account provisioned in CallManager
- Upload the license files ( You can use the demo license included in the CD
- Select the CTI Manager, JTAPI server and create the rmcm and jtapi user accounts on UCCX
- Submit the changes.
More videos will come for specific features of the UCCX platform. Stay tuned.
Hi, Unfortunately for most of us getting equipment to get hands on experience on VoIP is not as easy as we would like. There are some DSP and VIC cards that cannot be virtualized and need to be bought out of ebay or something. However for the most part GNS3 and WMWARE will be able to run the infraestructure, the CallProcessing layer and some softphones. Below you will find the list of equipment and software I will be using to power my own home lab.
- VIC 2FXS
3x 7960 Unified IP Phones
VMWARE Workstation 7.0
- CUCM 22.214.171.1240
- CUPS 7.0.2
- UCCX 7.0
- Windows XP UE
- Windows 2003 Server Standar Edition
IP Blue Softphone